Background

Hearing ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Life is what you make it...

The sitter says Hunter is taking his ears off every time she turns her head. I can tell she is really stressed with it, therefore Blair and I are as well. Everyone keeps telling me before I know it he will love having them on his head and he will be asking for us to put them on. I'm ready to see the day. The stress of him stressing her out is very upsetting for me and was upsetting to me the entire afternoon.

I don't usually make it a point to read at night because I am always so tired that I would rather the extra sleep. But I started the book "Bloom" a few weeks ago, and I'm glad I decided to pick it up tonight. Here is a very inspiring quote from the author, Kelle Hampton, the mother of a special needs child who is truly an inspiration!

"It's taken me a while to grasp it all, but I have finally arrived at the grown up place of life-is-what-you-make-it and there are lots of things in life we go through that aren't comfortable or ideal, but they could be so incredibly worse, and a simple life of comfort does nothing to change us, mold us, make us into better, stronger, more beautiful versions of ourselves..."

Tonight, I am most thankful that Hunter was able to receive his "ears".... No one said it would be easy. And the hardest part will be over before we know it. I just wish I could be there to pick them up every time he takes them off, but I trust the sitter and I know she will help us get him where he needs to be!
This is a growing experience for us all.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there love. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ear gear are helpful for that :) they also carry a pack for CIs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is definitely what we make of it! And what we teach our children to make of it as well! You are a wonderful mother and Hunter is so lucky to have you... Life isn't easy but the wonderful rewards will come in time. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say that I know exactly how you feel, having just gone through this with Evy. We still have some tough days. It's frustrating, but you are absolutely right, he is blessed to have them! It only gets better, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote! Can't wait to read the book too!

    ReplyDelete